June Tech Dump
Just a collection of news and tools i learned this month. Comment down below if you know any other tool.
- Conceptual Model for concurrent computation.
- Originated in 1973
What is Actor ?
- Fundamental unit of computation.
- Light weight than thread.
- Isolated from each other.
- Has it own private State.
- No Share memory.
- Updating the private state happens through recieving message.
- Communication happens through messages.
- Each actor has it own mailbox where all messages are recieved.
- Inorder to commnicate between other Actor, The actor need to know the address of Actor.
- Actor can run in single machine or run in mutiple machine
What Actor can do ?
- Create Another Actor
- Send a message
- Designate How to handle the next message
- Susceptible to deadlocks
- Mailbox overflowing
Linux Man page
The entire Linux manual collection of pages are traditionally divided into numbered sections:
- Section 1 : Shell commands and applications
- Section 2 : Basic kernel services – system calls and error codes
- Section 3 : Library information for programmers
- Section 4 : Network services – if TCP/IP or NFS is installed Device drivers and network protocols
- Section 5 : Standard file formats – for example: shows what a tar archive looks like.
- Section 6 : Games
- Section 7 : Miscellaneous files and documents
- Section 8 : System administration and maintenance commands
- Section 9 : Obscure kernel specs and interfaces
man <section number> <command> eg: man 3 printf man 4 inet
Cross Compiler Docker Image
- Cross compiler docker image
- Provide ability to build software for other system from linux.
- You can build binary for Arm64 Linux from x86_64 Linux
IPFS - InterPlanetary File System
- Decentralized network similar to Torrent
- When you upload the data to the network you get CID (Content IDentifier)
- Using CID we can access others data.
- We can deploy website in it too.
brew install ipfs
- Pining service is used to keep your data when you goes offline
- Cast video to chrome cast from terminal. Install go-chromecast for mac
brew install go-chromecast
- List devices in the network and the uuid
- Load the media file
go-chromecast -u <uuid> load <file>
- Command line graphics interface to control seek, pause and play.
go-chromecast ui go-chromecast -u <uuid> ui
Barrier - Share keyboard and mouse with other computer
- Install the barrier in the systems you wish to share your keybord and mouse.
- One system act as server and other act as client
- Start the server
- In server click server configuration and Add new screen
- Then enter the screen name (Exactly same as the client(other computer) screen name(screen name can be found in the client barrier software))
- Open the barrier in client and connect to the server by specificing ip address and port or it can be done automatically by default.
- Now you can share the keyboard and mouse Automagically.