Advent of Code Preparations
Advent of code starts at December 1 every year and it will continue till December 25. Each day you will get 2 problems to solve.
What can you learn in Advent of code ?
- Programming challenges will be like a story to save santas which is cute.
- It touches Algorithms, Data Structure, Graph, Regex and lot more.
- It is one of the cool way to learn or enhance your skills in programming language.
I tried advent of code in following years but i am able to complete Day 4 problems in 2019 and Day 7 in 2020 only. This year my goal is to complete all 25 Day challenges and try to solve it using TDD(Test Driven Development) style.
- Write test
- Write Code
- If Test fails, Refactor the code
- Repeat till you get final solution
More on TDD
- Book: Test Driven Development By Example - Kent Beck.
Preparation the environment
- Pick your programming language
- Me: Swift.
- Start solving problems.
- Automate directory structure creation. (optional)
Automate Directory Creation
- Create project structure for each day.
- This save me few mintues.
#!/bin/sh echo "Which Day challenger ?" read DAY DIRPATH="Day $DAY" mkdir "$DIRPATH" cd "$DIRPATH" swift package init # I prefare library if you prepare executable file use below command #swift package init --type=executable # If you prefare solving in XCode, uncomment next line. # swift package generate-xcodeproj
Let see how it goes.
If you like to get along and start solving challenges, you are all welcome. If you manage to complete all challenge. I wil present you a small prize (First Come First Serve)